Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Color of Money

Remember the 1986 Pool Hall classic, The Color of Money, starring Paul Newman and Tom Cruise? I sure do. While the movie had many themes woven into the plot, I remember one thing: you can't make a leopard change its spots. Paul Newman's character, Fast Eddie was a retired billards player who had found the perfect protege, Vincent. The plan was for Fast Eddie to coach and Vincent to play. But in the end, Fast Eddie just couldn't stay away from the hustle, and he got right back into competing. Well, I just can't stay way from hustle and bustle of reflective foil insulation.

Pop quiz, kids... Two aluminum cans; one painted black, one painted white. Each filled with boiling water, and then left alone for a half an hour. Which can will lose more heat? The black one, the white one, or neither? The water in the black can will be cooler. Why? Black bodied objects gain and lose radiant heat quicker than lighter colored objects.

So what color is your money? Well, my money is green. And, I'm going green, because I just purchased 8 rolls of Attic Reflective Foil Insulation from INSULATIONSTOP.COM. I'm going to insulate my mom's attic. Hey Fast Eddie, want to make a BET that she's going to SAVE MONEY on her heating bill this winter?

4 comments:

  1. Obviously I like your web-site, however you need to test the spelling on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife with spelling problems and I find it very bothersome to inform you. However I’ll definitely come again again!
    Radiant Barrier

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is surprisingly interesting and I learned things I didn't know I wanted to know. Good work! (even if this is 6 years old)

    ReplyDelete